“Seasonal allergies” is a bit of a misnomer, isn’t it? Real sinus sufferers know that the battle against sniffles, sneezes, and wheezes is actually a year-round endeavor.
But here’s the good news: If you’re sick of having a head full of bricks, a natural approach could be your key to fast-acting, long-term healing from sinus issues.
It’s true! We asked holistic pharmacist and Wellness Wizard, Dr. Neal, and it turns out you don’t have to spend the rest of your life relying on chemical-laden sinus products that leave you feeling like a slightly less congested zombie.
Addressing the root cause of your sinus congestion — from airborne toxins to underlying infections — with a combination of natural formulas and lifestyle changes can, well, change your life.
In This Article:
- Top 3 natural remedies for sinus support
- Herbs for sinus issues and congestion
- Our 3 favorite wellness practices for sinus issues
Top 3 Natural Remedies for Sinus Issues and Alleviating Congestion
- They address the root causes of sinus issues instead of covering up symptoms like a band-aid.
- They offer fast-acting relief without the icky side effects of over-the-counter antihistamines.
- They support long-term healing from recurring sinus issues by strengthening the immune system.
1. Sinus Blaster — Herbal Tincture
Forget the news — if you want to know how fast cold and flu season is coming up, check to see if our Sinus Blaster formula is still in stock.
When it’s starting to seem like balled-up tissues are the fashion accessory of choice, you can bet your bottom dollar we’ll be sold out of this tincture faster than you can sneeze.
The Sinus Blaster liquid formula is our propriety blend of clinically-backed herbs and aromatic foods with cooling, soothing, and decongesting compounds. Horehound, one of the formula’s heavy-hitters and a member of the mint family, mellows out coughs and thins mucus secretion.
This bitter plant is supported by more famous herbs for sinus support like:
- Horseradish root
- Echinacea root
- Fresh spilanthes herb
- Garlic bulb
- Cayenne fruit
- Peppermint oil
- Olive leaf
- Licorice root
- Goldenseal root
- Wild cherry bark
- Osha root
- Andrographic hern
2. Allergy Support — Anti-Inflammatory Capsules
If tinctures really aren’t your jam, don’t panic.
While Allergy Support contains a different blend of herbs and active food compounds, you can still naturally tone down the inflammation in your sinuses with these flavorless capsules.
Stinging nettles, a plant ally widely renowned for its diuretic properties that support the elimination of excess fluid in the body, is the star of the Allergy Support show. (Bye-bye, inopportune runny noses!)
That prickly herb is supported by an Oscar-worthy ensemble of ingredients:
- Quercetin, a flavonoid found in plants with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that’s loved for its antihistamine effect.
- Bromelain, an anti-inflammatory enzyme found in pineapple that helps to drive down swelling in the nasal passages.
- Rutin, a flavonoid that is found in foods (like citrus fruits!) that can strengthen sinus tissue and reduce the severity of initial reactions.
- Dihydroquercetin, another antioxidant compound that can reduce allergy and sinus symptoms by stabilizing mast cells.
3. Xlear — Xylitol Nasal Spray
Nasal sprays — the secret plight of every stuffy-nose owner.
This non-Woodstock Vitamins product makes the top of the list because of its all-star ingredients, none of which are steroids. Which is good news for sufferers of sinus issues, as the overuse of steroid-based nasal sprays can lead to the thinning of nasal tissue and frequent nosebleeds.
And yet nothing quite offers the same sense of relief as blasting your sinuses clear in two big sniffs.
Xylitol prevents mucus from sticking to internal surfaces and works in tandem with saline and aloe vera to hydrate irritated sinus canals.
And yes, it can help clear your congestion headache! We know you were dying to ask.
Top 3 Wellness Practices for Sinus Issues and Allergy Symptoms
Here’s where healing from sinus issues holistically gets a little tricky: You can’t out-supplement a symptom-inducing lifestyle.
Don’t get us wrong — the 3 supplements you learned about above are your best option for natural relief from sinus issues and allergies, but they can’t counteract, for example, dehydration. So when we’re trying to address or heal from a particular health concern, we always start at the bottom of the Wellness Pyramid.
Wellness practices live, primarily, in the bottom tier with the five lifestyle domains — diet, sleep, exercise, stress management, and lifestyle changes.
There are scads of wellness practices you could implement in these areas to improve immune system functioning and drive down congestion-related inflammation, but we’re just talking about sinuses here.
Our three favorite wellness practices to boost sinus health and clear congestion specifically are:
- Use a neti pot to clear, cleanse, and hydrate the deep reaches of your sinus passages.
- Sleep with a humidifier to keep your nasal canals from drying out overnight.
- Stay hydrated throughout the day, every day, to support your body’s natural clearing and flushing functions.
Sinus Woes, Be Gone!
If you take anything from this blog, it should be: Keep your sinuses (and your whole body!) hydrated and take natural supplements for sinus issues to find relief and long-term healing.
But before you embark on any kind of health journey, you should chat with an expert. So, hop on a free Counterside Consult for direct, personalized guidance on your path to sinus decongestion from our team of supplement savants!
(Spongebob gifs not included.)